www.agbarr.co.uk is operated and owned by A.G. BARR p.l.c. (we, our, us).
Please take some time to read and familiarise yourself with this Policy. By using this site, you acknowledge the terms of this Policy which sets out how we collect, use, disclose and store your personal information.
We are the data controller for the purposes of UK data protection rules. Our registered address is:
Westfield House,4 Mollins Road, Cumbernauld G68 9HD.
- What are cookies?
- What cookies do we use?
- How to control cookies.
What are cookies?
Where we use the word ‘device’, we mean the computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device you use to access the internet.
We don’t use any of our cookies to collect personal information about you, only anonymous information. We don’t use any of our cookies to target you with online advertising.
What cookies do we use?
Cookies within our site are related to Google Analytics, a very popular tool used to analyse sites usage and traffic, it helps us refine the site and tailor the site's content.
Here are all the cookies used by this site:
oThis cookie is used to establish and continue a user session within this site. When you view a page on this site, the Google Analytics code attempts to update this cookie. If it does not find the cookie, a new one is written and a new session is established. Each time you visit a different page on this site, this cookie is updated to expire in 30 minutes, thus continuing a single session for as long as your activity continues within 30-minute intervals. This cookie expires when you pause on a page on this site for longer than 30 minutes.
oThis cookie is typically written to the browser upon your first visit to this site. If the cookie has been deleted by the browser operator, and the browser subsequently visits this site, a new cookie is written with a different unique ID. This cookie is used to determine unique visitors and it is updated with each page view. Additionally, this cookie is provided with a unique ID that Google Analytics uses to ensure both the validity and accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure.
oThis cookie stores the type of referral used to reach this site, whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search, or a campaign such as an ad or an email link. It is used to calculate search engine traffic, ad campaigns and page navigation within this site. The cookie is updated with each page view to this site.
You can switch off these cookies across all sites (not just ours) by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
How to control cookies
You can use your web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari etc) to allow, switch off or delete cookies on this and other sites. Each web browser is different so check the ‘Help’ function of your particular browser to determine how to update your cookie settings. If you are having difficulty updating your cookie settings, we recommend the site: http://www.aboutcookies.org/default.aspx. It contains a step by step guide explaining how to update your cookies settings on most web browsers. Please note that, in a few cases, switching off or deleting cookies may reduce the functionality of or prevent access to certain sites (including this site).
What information do we collect about you?
The type of personal information we will collect includes your name, age, e-mail address, address, details of your enquiry and other contact details. We collect personal information about you:
- When you visit our site;
- When you contact us with an enquiry or other feedback;
- When you enter any competition, prize draw or promotion that we run on this site;
- When you complete any survey that we place on this site;
- When you provide information to us in your capacity as a shareholder; and
- By using Cookies (see Cookies above).
In addition, we may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns and does not identify you as an individual.
How will we use the information we collect about you?
We use your personal information to:
- Manage and improve this site;
- Tell you about important changes to this site;
- Monitor the nature of and trends in complaints;
- Implement changes or actions in response to your feedback;
- Retain records of how we have dealt with complaints;
- Respond to any enquiry or feedback we receive from you (including any enquiries we receive from you as a shareholder);
- Manage any competitions, prize draws or promotions that you enter on this site;
- Administer any surveys that you complete;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of this site where you choose to do so; and
- Administer our share schemes and analyse shareholding data.
Please note that where you contact us, we may keep a record of any resultant correspondence.
The legal basis upon which we process the personal data is that the above uses are in our legitimate interest. We will only use the information we collect about you where it is fair to do so.
We will only keep your information for the length of time we require it for the purposes we have set out in this statement. Except for in relation to product quality feedback, we would not normally retain the information we collect about you for more than two years. We would not normally retain product quality feedback for more than six years.
Will we share your personal information with anyone else?
We may share your personal information with any member of our group of companies. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we have appointed a third party to perform certain functions on our behalf (including administering the competitions, prize draws and promotions we run on this site, providing technical services in relation to this site and administering share schemes), where those third parties need to have access to your personal information to properly perform their function;
- If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our or our group companies’ assets, user information (including the personal information collected from you through your use of this site), may be included in the assets which are transferred to the new owner; or
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
We will never share any of your personal information with anybody outside of our group of companies for mailing or marketing purposes unless we have your consent to do so.
How do we store your personal information?
We have put in place measures to ensure the security of the personal information we collect and store about you, and will use all reasonable endeavours to protect your personal information from unauthorised disclosure and/or access. However, unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site. As a consequence, any transmission is at your own risk.
This site may contain links to and from the sites of third parties. This Policy only applies to this site. So, if you follow a link to the site of any third party, please be aware that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or how these third parties collect and use your personal information. We strongly advise that you check these policies before you submit any personal information to these sites.
Accessing your personal information
You have the right to know whether we hold personal information about you and, if we do, to request a copy of it. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us using our contact form atwww.agbarr.co.uk/contact-us/general-enquiries
We want to make sure your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove any personal information you think is inaccurate.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this Policy or the personal information we hold about you by using our contact form at www.agbarr.co.uk/contact-us/general-enquiries. If we are unable to satisfactorily deal with your concerns then you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Changes to this Policy
We keep this Policy under review and we will place any updates on this webpage. This Policy was last updated in August 2018