www.agbarr.co.uk is operated and owned by A.G. BARR p.l.c. (we, our, us).
Please take some time to read and familiarise yourself with this Policy. By using this website, you confirm that you have read this Policy and that you consent to us collecting, using, disclosing and storing your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
We are the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. Our registered address is Westfield House, 4 Mollins Road, Cumbernauld G68 9HD.
What information do we collect about you?
The type of personal information we will collect includes your name, age, e-mail address and other contact details. We collect personal information about you:
- When you visit our website;
- When you contact us with an enquiry or other feedback;
- When you enter any competition, prize draw or promotion that we run on this website;
- When you complete any survey that we place on this website; and
- When you provide information to us in your capacity as a shareholder.
In addition, we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you as an individual.
How will we use the information we collect about you?
We use your personal information to:
- Manage and improve this website;
- Tell you about important changes to this website;
- Respond to any enquiry or feedback we receive from you (including any enquiries we receive from you as a shareholder);
- Manage any competitions, prize draws or promotions that you enter on this website;
- Administer any surveys that you complete; and
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of this website where you choose to do so.
Please note that where you contact us, we may keep a record of any resultant correspondence.
Will we share your personal information with anyone else?
We may share your personal information with any member of our group of companies. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we have appointed a third party to perform certain functions on our behalf (including administering the competitions, prize draws and promotions we run on this website and providing technical services in relation to this website), where those third parties need to have access to your personal information to properly perform their function;
- If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our or our group companies’ assets, user information (including the personal information collected from you through your use of this website), may be included in the assets which are transferred to the new owner; or
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
We will never share any of your personal information with anybody outside of our group of companies for mailing or marketing purposes unless we have your consent to do so.
How do we store your personal information?
We have put in place measures to ensure the security of the personal information we collect and store about you, and will use all reasonable endeavours to protect your personal information from unauthorised disclosure and/or access. However, unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website. As a consequence, any transmission is at your own risk.
This website may contain links to and from the websites of third parties. This Policy only applies to this website. So, if you follow a link to the website of any third party, please be aware that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or how these third parties collect and use your personal information. We strongly advise that you check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Accessing your personal information
You have the right to know whether we hold personal information about you and, if we do, to request a copy of it. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please e-mail us at the following address:firstname.lastname@example.org.We may make a small charge for this service.
We want to make sure your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove any personal information you think is inaccurate.
Changes to this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review and we will place any updates on this webpage. This Policy was last updated in August 2012.